Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year...New Goals

I  personally don't believe that the date on the calendar makes much difference in anything. It's a mind set thing. Seasons change... more often outside of the deep south than inside it. We go from green and oppressively hot and humid to not so green and sometimes it's oppressively hot and humid and sometimes it's freezing. We tend to have parka days and flip flop days...sometimes in the same week...in winter. In summer...yeah, summers are gorgeous here, but miserable. That is not a mind set thing. Walk from the house to the car, sweat buckets.It's what we're used to. When the AC breaks it's a disaster of epic proportions.

I do believe that the mind does contribute to the overall outlook of life. 20016 was a bad year. Personally. And with each set back... yeah, it messed me up.

That was last year. 

Fiscally, I turned the page.

I'm hoping to turn the page mentally.

I'm trying people. I'm trying.

I don't make resolutions. 
I resolve to lose weight or this that or the other...ooh fried chicken...yeah, not so much.

I'm not making a resolution.

I'm not going to let last year continue to kick my ass. 

So... new year... new goals. 

Blindsided will come this year. I'm going to do a cover reveal later this month and a pre-order on Amazon for June 1st.

I plan to release two books before that. And I'm not ready to discuss them yet. One will release in February the other in March. Pending editing.

I'll reveal all three covers on my birthday.

I wouldn't talk about them if they weren't at least 75% finished. I have no clue what I'm doing in the second half of the year.

I hope you all have a wonderful new year filled with everything good.

I don't know about you but I would really love some fried chicken right about now.

Mercy

3 comments:

  1. Hoping that 2017 is a great year for you and your family. Looking forward to new books from you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just to let you know I love your books particularly the southern scrimmage series. Bootleg diva was great. Not sure why it didn't sell for you. I will agree LMS is my least favourite, I missed the previous characters. The Jude and slayer cameo at the end was good. I can't wait for the next and hope it is out sooner than June!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Mercy! Like Lisa above, I hope 2017 is a great year for you and your family.

    I just wanted to let you know two things: First, I think “Bootleg Diva” was a *great* addition to the “Scrimmage” series. IMO, fans of the “Southern Scrimmage” series, and especially of Levi Brody, should definitely read it! They’re missing out on a lot of insights into the series if they don’t.

    Even though “Diva” isn’t strictly essential to the “Scrimmage” series and doesn’t advance the main story line, the background it provides about Levi’s story and life struggle adds much more depth to his character. Besides explaining the origin of “Livy St. Cinq,” “Diva” also provides Levi’s perspective on some of the key events in “Six Ways from Sunday.” And it explains the cause of Levi’s career-ending injury, as well as giving fans more insight into his complex relationship with Jude and how that developed.

    Second, “Diva” piqued my interest in “Offside Chance,” so “Diva” inspired the sale of at least one more copy of “Offside”! (At full price on Amazon. I don’t do KU.)

    As soon as I finished “Sidelined,” I read the Amazon sample of “Offside Chance,” but it didn’t sound nearly as interesting to me as “Six Ways …” and “Sidelined” had been. Jude’s and Slayer’s characters just didn’t appeal to me, especially compared to Levi and Tracy. So I postponed getting “Offside” right then. “Diva” was published soon after I finished “Sidelined,” and since it was Levi’s memoir, I bought and read it immediately. Its compelling story in general, and its background on how Levi’s and Jude’s relationship in particular, left me with a new interest in learning more about Jude’s story, leading me to buy “Offside Chance.” (Sorry, but I still don’t find Slayer appealing.)

    I haven’t read “Last Man Standing” yet, but I did buy it and will get to it before “Blindsided” is published.

    So may the Muse be with you this year, Mercy. And I’d love some fried chicken about now, too!

    ReplyDelete