Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Any Given Sunday cover reveal and other news

Jay Aheer sent me this beautiful cover this morning. I pretty much told her I had no clue what I wanted. No faces. I gave her the cover for Six Ways from Sunday and the (to date) unpublished cover for Sunday Schooled and told her something to bridge these. Any Given Sunday is the beginning of what would have been Sunday Schooled. I'm saying this because now that the first half will be published and Sunday Schooled will be more current and future events I might still write that... after Blindsided. MIGHT! maybe. It's a good chance if Blindsided doesn't kill me.

I am not setting a release date yet. AGS is in editing now. I don't know how long it will take to do my rewrite when it comes back. I'll set the date then. I'm hoping for a day in March. These things take time.

About Cold Shadow.

I'm working on my first rewrite of it as we speak. I hope to be finished with that by the weekend and then I'll send it to editing. I'm thinking April. I know that's two months later than I anticipated but I didn't anticipate adding another fifty thousand words to the story either.

I know it's taking time, but both books are moving along at the moment and everything looks good. There will be back to back releases from me in a few days. And that will never happen again.

About Blindsided... one more time.

I'm moving the publishing date for Blindsided to 2018.
I know you've been waiting patiently.
Life happens. Real life got WAY too real and I couldn't face that book.

What's next?

I'm working on three different possible projects. Just waiting for one to stick.

I have the "lost story" based on a Dan Skinner photograph. I say lost story, because I hand wrote it and couldn't find the notebook after we moved. I recently found it. It's about half there. Still in a notebook in my chicken scratch handwriting. I also have an historical western MM sequel to my current historical western MF book. I started that one before my mother died and, well, I didn't do much after that. It's been five months. I figure whatever is meant to be written next will be written next. I started playing with an idea that I've been kicking around for a couple of years, about a trans woman. That story wants to spawn three stories. But I can't seem to get it to start. I'm good at beginnings, it's endings that I suck at. You should see my unfinished file. So many good ideas that will never find endings in that thing. And well, right after she died I started this very angry story that became a violent dominance story, and kinda rapey. I doubt I'll ever get back to that one. I like the premise. I didn't like where it went.

So... about that cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment