Friday, July 26, 2024

The ongoing tragedy that is my life

 I wrote a very long trauma dump post a couple days ago that I did not publish. I wrote it mostly to get the crap out of my head. If you follow me on FB you know part of the story. I feel no urge to rehash it all. Life. as we said in the 80s, it's a bitch. which I always added with puppies.

So much for the last post whatever I wrote in it. I can't remember. It's been a long time and I was a different person then. All optimistic and shit. I know better to let any optimism in.

But okay, so, July is about to creep on out. I can't remember most of it. It came, it kicked my ass. Now it's leaving. Good riddance. 

So, I have a question... from a person living on the gulf coast in the middle of our six month summer. Why are the leaves turning yellow? I noticed it last year but just chalked it up to the extreme heat and severe drought we were having then. We're normal hot and having our normal daily storms. We've not actively hit 100 degrees real temp this summer, at least not here. But the trees are turning yellow. The early yellowing trees are almost totally yellow and the oaks are turning and they usually don't turn until very late in fall. We're supposed to be dark green right now. So, again, why are we turning yellow? Are your trees changing where you are? 

I mean, fall is my favorite season. As much of a fall as we get here. Not much. The foliage changes and it's not as hot. Then it gets cold at the end of November then by February it's warm again. Cold being anything under 70 and above 55. Below 55 is freezing. Anything below 40 is a hard damn nope. Wonder if we'll get snow this year? I was reminded yesterday that we had an ice storm this past winter. I have no memory of an ice storm.

It's been a rough two years now. I can't keep up with everything. Why am I old? How did I get old?

Sighs.

Aubrey goes to university orientation next week. I lose my house two days later. But I got Aubrey a full ride at least for this coming year, so that's good. Aubrey did the hard work of earning the scholarships. I did the hard work of focusing their attention on schools that would give them scholarships, and by not making enough money last year so they could get enough financial aid to cover what the scholarships don't. We took one loan, a small subsidized federal loan. We turned down the smaller unsubsidized loan. It wouldn't have been enough to cover housing even with the leftover other money. And the unsub would start compounding interest immediately. The sub doesn't. It starts six months after the student leaves school. So hopefully Aubrey won't end up saddled with tons of interest debt when they're done with school. 

Unfortunately, I'm about to become a morning person, because we don't have a second car for them to drive themselves to class in. And no busses come out here in the county. But the school is only ten minutes from us. Why in the hell did they take an 8 AM class?

Anyway... so... I managed to renew Word on my computer. Did you know that Microsoft is going to make windows 10 obsolete next year? I just found out. My computer will be obsolete because it doesn't have the memory or whatever is needed to successfully upgrade to 11... so... lovely. One more thing I need to figure out. 

Anyway, again, that's my end of July update. Situation Normal, All Fucked Up... will be the title of my memoir. 

Peace,

Mercy



No comments:

Post a Comment