Saturday, July 27, 2024

Okay... Now what?

 Obviously, I can't plan anything. The universe hates my plans. I fear speaking the plans aloud but, if I don't, then how do I move forward?

So, after it's all said and done and the past is the past, how do I future?

I had planned to open an account with a service similar to Patreon, I think it's called Ream. I'm not sure right now. I think my procrastination on that might have been for the best. I'm seeing not good things about that service on Threads. I'm not sure what's going on, if it's removing books they had formerly said were allowed, or payment issues. Either way, I guess it's best to just keep with the Patreon idea. 

Once upon a time, I had a Pateon, I did not know how to use it. I really REALLY hate asking for support on a subscription basis. It bothers me. At the time I was still doing okay on Amazon and felt that if all I was doing was writing and publishing a book at a time, then Patreon was not the right venue for me. 

Now that I make less than two hundred dollars a month on Amazon, and feel like I have been suppressed beyond recovery there, if I want to write and publish again, that... well... Okay, so if I were to, say, plan a novella, like 40k words or so. And starting August 1st, maybe offer a one month five dollar subscription on Patreon and do a weekly, unedited, first draft, 10k word installment thing... would that work? With the subscribers getting the first draft and the final ebook when it's ready?

Would that be something y'all could manage?

I ask because I think I need the encouragement to keep going. I don't like Alpha readers so much, I really don't like input on a first draft. I would like hey, this is interesting, can't wait to see where it goes next week... that kind of encouragement. 

So, no, there won't be any sequels in this. I'm thinking a smutty hallmark-esque stories. The problem with that is, I don't know how to write fluff.

How does one write fluff?

No, I don't want to write angst. I live in too much angst. I'm not interested in trauma dumping anymore.

Anyway, thoughts? Questions? How does one set up Patreon?


Peace,

Mercy




No comments:

Post a Comment