Tuesday, September 17, 2024

New Blog

 No, I'm not leaving this blog. I will still be here as writer Mercy. I'm separating crafter Mercy to her own... well, crafter Marcia who is me... sighs... back when I still went to book cons I sometimes referred to myself in the royal way... it's confusing to have a name that isn't yours be the one most people know you by..............

ANYWAY!

As I have been meaning to do for a long time, I've started a new blog here on Blogger under my Mercy umbrella, strictly for my crafts. Right now there's nothing to see there, but I'm still trying to figure out how I want to go with it. I can't make a decision about my Etsy store. I'm still there, barely, I have a few items that are just riding out their listings but... if Etsy worked right, it is the best place to showcase crafted items. I mean, I could use one of the many self selling sites like my Payhip store, or the store on Ko-Fi. Or I could sell directly from the blog through Paypal. But, all of those options have fees. AND I would have to deal with collecting and paying taxes. I do not want to do that. The pro of Etsy is that they do pay the taxes for you. The fees are roughly the same. Sooo.........

BIG BIG SIGH! The con of Etsy is that you have to drive your own traffic. It didn't used to be that way. Etsy used to actually help small sellers in search. And that is THE problem with Etsy.

So, what used to be my side hustle to make up for the loss of book income that became my main hustle joined the books in the loss department.

SOOOOO! 

If you are curious and want to follow Crafter Mercy at January Moon Crafts then you can find me


HERE!


If not, that's okay, I'll still be here. 

Will talk at you later.


Peace,

Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment